Friday, May 22, 2009

From P&S to DSLR

My experience from P&S to DSLR. I would start from 2008, when I don't even know what is P&S (Point & Shoot) and I never even touch a DSLR (Digital Single Lens Reflex). I just know that I see a lot of pro holding big camera in events and everyone focused on them. Anyway, that doesn't affect me much as I just need a camera. Until on January 2008 when I decided to go Hat Yai in February 2008 that I think I should buy a camera. So I browse the Lelong.com.my and Casio Exilim caught my eye. And I bought my Casio Exilim EX-Z700 from there. It is a 7.2MP 3X Optical High Speed Digital Camera. I was like "Wah... finally I have a digital camera." and 7.2MP at that moment is already very good. Took a lot of nice pics with that camera. I'm quite into photography... like to shoot around.

I was very satisfied with my P&S, until my 1st company trip to Australia... where many of my colleagues were using DSLR... The result is... cannot fight at all... DSLR wins with no mercy... Compared my photos with them... I felt the photos I took doesn't have any value more than a piece of memory. That was when I start to have interest in DSLR. Then I start to look around, and get advices from Daniel and Tuck Hoh. I also tried to shoot with Ek Wei's α350. Started to get poisoned by DSLR. As suggested by Daniel, I tried to feel the cameras, I went to shops to ask for price and tried to hold and shoot... I've heard a lot of good comments about Nikon and Canon.

One thing I don't like about Nikon is the design comes with a red color part on it's body:

And as for Canon, overall I'm OK with it. But I get attracted by Sony. I like the brand, I like the model name (α Alpha) and I like everything about it. The price for entry level is also quite attractive. I understand that in future when I want to get more add ons, it might cost me more than what I can get with Nikon and Canon, but I still love Sony!


So in the end... this is what I bought:
Sony α300. Took a lot of great photos with it and so far I'm quite satisfied. Hehe. Maybe will look for flash. And looking forward for more trips and events... to make it more worthy...

No comments:

Post a Comment